Maybe you’re ready for a new challenge. Or maybe you want to hire someone to complete your team. As a perk for members, we post job openings in the area. This isn’t necessarily a recommendation, but it sure is a nice place to start, rather than wading through national board postings.
There are PR and communication jobs throughout the mid-Missouri area. As you are seeking qualified candidates, feel free to send them to us so we can post here.
Company: MO Lottery
Job Title: Digital Media Producer (Public Info Coordinator)
Location: Jefferson City, MO
Starting Salary Range: $38,304.00 – $39,708.00 Annually
Individual will serve on the communications team as the primary digital media producer, shooting and editing video, producing PSAs, animated GIFs, shooting still photos, and more. Will be part of a team who interviews winners, plans and presents at news conferences, writes news releases, takes photos, posts stories to the website, etc. Will coordinate the Lottery’s Speakers Bureau. Applicant needs to be detail oriented and have a good working knowledge of Microsoft products and Adobe Creative Suite CC, including PhotoShop, Premiere Pro, PowerPoint, After Effects etc. Should know AP style. Graphic art experience is a plus.
Three years of professional or technical experience in video production; and/or graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with specialization in cinematography and video production, radio and television production, graphic art animation, mass communications or closely related areas. (Professional and technical experience in video production or closely related areas may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the stated education. Graduate work in the referenced educational areas may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for a maximum of two years of the stated experience.)
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 15 earned credit hours in one or more of the following: Journalism, Communications, English, Public Relations, Advertising, Marketing, or a closely related field and two or more years of professional experience in public relations, advertising, marketing, or journalism preferred. (Additional qualifying experience may substitute on a year-for-year basis for deficiencies in the required education).
Comprehensive State of Missouri benefit package: http://oa.mo.gov/personnel/state-employees/employee-benefits
Human Resources Manager
PO Box 1603
Jefferson City, MO 65102-1603
To apply for this job, a prospective applicant needs to create an account online, complete an online employment application (https://www.molottery.com/employmentapp/login.jsp) and upload resume, cover letter, and transcript(s). Once you have completed an application, select the job posting tab to apply. You will need to apply for each vacancy of interest. Continue to visit our website for future vacancies and login to your account to apply.
Company: Missouri Employers Mutual
Job Title: Multimedia Specialist
Department: Marketing and Communication
Reports to: Director, Marketing and Communication
Our Multimedia Specialist will have an eye for aesthetics along with a team first attitude. This position is responsible for telling the stories of MEM through various print and digital mediums, in order to increase brand awareness and achieve strategic marketing goals. Our specialist will be knowledgeable with software programs including but not limited to HTML5 banners, apps, digital signage, social media content, websites, email templates/content, ad word campaigns, text messaging, experience driven design, presentations, motion graphics and video content. Our specialist will wear many hats from concept to execution, producing MEM’s brand marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily.
- Work as part of a team with strategists, writers and production specialists to create exceptional quality work in various platforms, including social media, web, branding, email marketing, photos, videos and more
- Conceptualizing, designing and executing the creative production of interactive campaigns with a focus on email, website landing pages, and print messaging in accordance with brand guidelines
- Driving the continuous improvement of the creative practice (e.g., competencies, tools and disciplines) and ensure alignment with broader business and technical processes
- Develop animation or motion graphics for videos, presentations and digital experiences.
- Collaboration with other creative team members on various projects.
- Responsible for adhering to brand standards across all mediums and channels.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Adobe CS experience (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) and serious design skills with a professional portfolio of work
- Expert knowledge in the use of Adobe production design tools, including Premiere, After Effects, Audition and Photoshop.
- HTML and web design experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to analyze target audiences and synthesize messages to maximize audience engagement
- Highly creative with the ability to work autonomously, yet able to take direction as well
- Collaborative, proactive team player with a positive attitude and high level of energy with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively meet deadlines
Education: Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication, marketing, public relations, creative arts, or related area
Designations/Certifications: None required
Experience: 1-3 years of experience in a creative role
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English in writing, on the telephone and in person using correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure and vocabulary
- Superior ability to write for a variety of media and audiences
- Ability to conform to and advocate corporate style and editorial standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an eye for detail and thorough knowledge of grammar
- Excellent oral and presentation skills
- Ability to present information to management and employees, and lead creative brainstorms
- Strong interpersonal skills including listening, interacting, delegation and leadership
- Ability to understand and use basic mathematical relationships and formulas
- Ability to adeptly manage multiple projects, establish processes and prioritize efforts to meet goals and objectives
- Ability to work positively under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to use diplomacy and tact when dealing with problems
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in a variety of situations
- Must be a team player and possess high quality standards
Computer Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Adobe CS experience (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) and serious design skills
- Expert knowledge in the use of Adobe production design tools, including Premiere, After Effects, Audition and Photoshop
- HTML and web design experience preferred
An employee in this position will sit, move around, handle papers and files, speak on the telephone, perform computer entry and retrieve computer information. This employee will also view and assess appearance of publications, video productions, etc. May also assist with setting up company events, surroundings for photography sessions and video productions, and corporate presentations.
Licenses: None required